- Polish version also available »
- Date of issue: December 2013
- Pages: 270
- Delivery: PDF
Construction sector in Poland 2014 - Regional focus
Development forecasts for 2014-2016
Price from: 2000€
This document closely inspects the Polish construction market from a regional viewpoint and describes value and performance of the residential, non-residential and civil engineering segments within different voivodships across the country. It compares building permit data for each region and analyses potential opportunity according to the number and building category of the documents issued.
Upcoming construction projects in various regions are described, and carefully developed forecasts for each region are also included.
Compare construction activity on a regional basis….
- By voivodship – explore the value of residential, non-residential and civil engineering investments in each Polish voivodship
- By project – evaluate construction ventures under way and still in the planning stages on a regional basis
- By output – measure construction and assembly productivity by regional location
- By building permits issued – compare construction projects by building category, use and location.
Gain convenient access to specific business data…
- Allocation of building permits for residential construction projects by voivodship
- Current and planned road construction permits distributed by region and project value
- Non-residential construction permits by building category and planned use
- Completed infrastructure projects in each voivodship
- Project information provided by location of construction work rather than location of corporate registration.
Did you know...
- Preparations are in progress for the construction of the second barrage on the river Vistula near Siarzewo. This hydrotechnical object, valued at close to PLN 3bn, will have the energy generation capacity of 80MW.
- Tenders are to start in 2013 for the construction of the missing sections of express roads and motorways across the entire country, worth PLN 35bn in total.
- The deadline for the completion of the LNG Terminal in Swinoujscie has been extended to the end of 2014. The deadline extension annex has increased the value of the contract by €67.5m.
- The construction of a waste incinerator in Krakow, valued by Posco Engineering at PLN 797m, has entered the realisation stage.
- One of the largest planned railway investments is the modernisation of connections from Krakow to Zakopane and Muszyna, estimated at PLN 5-6bn.
- The project for a new mining and energy complex Gubin-Brody in the Lubuskie voivodship is in its planning stages. The investment, based on lignite, in the initial stage of preparations is valued at PLN 25bn.
- Design work is in progress for the next stage of extension works on the Warsaw underground railway.
- Considerable outlays from EU funding are to be spent on port infrastructure.
Get answers to regularly raised questions about the Polish construction industry…
- Which voivodships will witness the highest number of new construction projects next year?
- What is the total investment value of projects in each Polish voivodship?
- How much is each construction market segment – residential, non-residential and civil engineering – worth in each of Poland’s voivodships?
- How many residential units will be completed by 2016?
- What are the expected construction and assembly totals for each Polish voivodship through 2016?
- Which forthcoming projects are getting the most attention within the industry?
- Which voivodships are witnessing the largest amounts of road construction?
- Which Polish regions have issued the most non-residential building permits? Which noted the largest increase?
Business that will benefit most from this publication include…
- Contracting and construction companies engaged in the Polish market
- Companies that manufacture construction machinery and provide repair and maintenance services and parts
- Machinery and equipment companies preparing to launch new brands on the market
- Business, trade and industry organisations
- Business analysts, market research professionals and construction industry consultants.
This report provides essential market guidance to professionals when…
- Launching a new construction machinery business or product line
- Evaluating possible opportunities for investment in Polish construction
- Estimating market share of construction machinery companies
- Researching the value/activity of competing companies
- Predicting demand for the manufacture, sale and distribution of construction machinery in Poland
Preparing reports and analysis for corporate shareholders, boards and executive teams.
Extract from this report
- Macroeconomic forecasts for the Mazowieckie voivodship are very optimistic, compared to other regions. The forecasts for the GDP and investment growth are over 0.6 p.p. higher than the national average. After a weaker year in 2013, the next years should see improvement in terms of economic growth, investment outlays and the situation on the labour market.
- In size terms the regional construction market in Slaskie voivodship is in second place, accounting for close to 12% of the value of the national construction and assembly production realised by companies with over 9 employees. The fact that nearly 2,600 construction companies with more than 9 staff registered in Slaskie generated only PLN 11.3bn from construction output is an unfavourable factor, and translates into the worst result per one company, PLN 4.2m, nationwide.
Market commentary by expert
Administrative regions of Poland differ in terms of the directions of their development. Each area tries to use the advantages of their geographical location and resources. It is therefore hard to compare and rank them according to the results they achieve. The expansion of the regions is based on different factors, and so their analysis needs to take into account the available infrastructure, as well as the infrastructure yet to be built and, most of all, what the region will be able to offer to the potential investors in the future.
Katarzyna Bednarz, Construction market Analyst